Chunky Chocolate Ice Cream
Yield 15 ice cream scoops
- Whip heavy cream to a stiff peak and reserve in the cooler.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave at 37°C.
- Add the melted chocolate to the pate a bombe folding and mix until incorporate.
- Add the whipped cream to the previous mix and stir thoroughly until homogeneous.
- Add chopped chocolate and crushed cacao beans.
- Pour the ice cream mixture in a 2lt capacity container.
- Freeze until hard frozen and scoop.
Pate a Bombe
- Whip egg yolks in the mixer until pale and creamy.
- Make a syrup with the water and the sugar, and cook until 118°C.
- Drizzle the syrup onto the yolks and beat, on full speed, for 3-5 minutes until you have a firm yellow foam.
- Add the bloomed gelatine while still warm.
- Keep mixing until obtain a creamy texture.
To assemble: Warm up the ice cream scoop with warm water and scoop out the ice cream. You can use cones, bowls or even make an ice cream sandwich.