Cherry Pistachio Chocolate Semi-freddo
Approximately Prep Time 50 min
To Assemble: Unmold the semi-freddo a place it on a long plate. Decorate with more of the cherries, chocolate shavings and pistachios.
Pate a bombe
75gr Egg yolks
- Whip egg yolks until pale and creamy.
- Make a syrup with the water and the sugar, and cook until 118°C.
- Drizzle the syrup onto the yolks and beat, on full speed, for 3-5 minutes until you have a firm yellow foam.
- Mix until obtain a creamy texture.
50gr Egg whites
- Whip egg whites to a medium pick.
- Heat up sugar and water at 118°C. Remove from the heat.
- With the mixer running, slowly drizzle in hot sugar syrup.
- Increase speed to high, add the bloomed gelatin leaves.
- Whip the cream to stiff peak.
- Mix the pate a bombe with the meringue and fold the whipped cream into this mixture.
- Add pistachios, pitted cherries, and chocolate shavings.
- Portion in a rectangular silicon mold 4.5’’ x 9’’.
- Keep in the freezer until set and ready to eat.