Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Yogurt Frosting
Approximately time 50 minutes
- Start whipping the eggs and add both sugars little by little. Make sure this mix is very fluffy before adding the oil.
- On speed one start adding oil on a very thin stream. Mix until incorporated.
- Add all the sifted powders (cinnamon, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). Then add carrots, orange zest and pecans, mix until incorporated. Do not mix to much to avoid gluten development.
- Line up a half sheet pan with a parchment paper and spread the cake batter.
- Bake at 175°C for about 15 minutes. Cool down.
- Cut with a round metal ring 7.5D.
Cream Cheese Yogurt Frosting
- Mix cream cheese, yogurt, and honey with the paddle until very creamy.
- Bloom the gelatin sheets in ice with water.
- Warm up heavy cream with brown sugar, remove from the heat and add bloomed gelatin.
- Add to the cream cheese mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Put in a pastry bag and keep in cooler. Use a big star tip to decorate.
- Cut carrots in fine juliennes. Cook them in simple syrup until soft. Simple syrup 50% h2o, 50% sugar.
- Take one circle of cake and pipe some of the frosting, repeat these 2 more times. Garnish with carrots and Jordan almonds.